Wednesday 27 June 2012

Creativity Silence

Its been all about logistics again this last couple of weeks. I'm not sure I've presented or chased a particular 'learning topic' in all that time. I have a sneaky feeling that this has not affected the amount thats been learned or explored by the Weststar Twiglets (collective pseudonym....!)

Thanks for the reminder Motherfunker about the shifting waves of home ed. Even though I don't feel there's anything to chart for this last fortnight (although of course if I focus and type it down, they'll be reams of information explored), I know that it is all Good Work!! Its all phemonenal. She said, he said, manoeuvring round each other, listening, feeling, finding, trying.

Its simply not quantifiable in a box ticking kind of way - though as an RE teacher hasbeen, I know that spiritual/emotional development rarely is! Knowledge growth, skill building is hard too, there's no set way of learning. How many times do you think your recipient is not listening only to find out they have a total grasp of whats being said and can take it leagues forwards when you least expect it?!

I can feel its good though and thats a nice feeling, I acknowledge that however irrationally, I intuitively know that we're growing and learning around here at the perfect pace for us.
How do you know when its been a good week? Do you chart it or mark it in any way?

I am looking forward to the next time some creative ideas come my way of activities and focuses for us to dance with. But I'm just accepting that these couple of weeks have not been like that, as with the flow, the ebb, one can not exist without the other.

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully put. You often so eloquently express what I can only fumblishly manage to stutter in my own head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Likewise MF :) Between us perhaps we could lyrically dance round the world!
    Glad you like it, my fluency is intermittent I know but I'm enjoying the practise! To get it out I find we just have to keep expressing and expressing and expressing eh?!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It helps the blog feel more alive - you are a valued part of its content.