Tuesday 12 June 2012

Lower the anchor, simplicity as stable roots

I'm in to repitition at the moment... Started reading Mary Poppins again (and I might miss out the zoo chapter this time - have you read that?!!) much to the kids comfort. Its not like they're joyful about it or anything, its that they haven't really noticed, and I figure its not about the story, its about the prose, its about my voice, familiarity.

Picking up the subtle signs of comfort. Biggest telling her friends in Sunday Club that "Mum's reading to us", middle and youngest lying in wait for the next instalment. Its new for me to be reading 'proper' books to them and I'm not going to rush it! When so much is changing in our dynamic still (will we be including school next year? what working pattern will each of us parents find? which combination of children are with which parent at what times during the week... lots of change, trial and error, finding our balances), I'm keeping as many roots down as I can. Some stable parts of our day where we touch in to familiar ground.

I know that there are times in my own month when I can assimilate new ideas, stories, influences and other times when I just need to tread water. Ebbing and flowing. I'm carefully learning when not to push myself! See my garden (I will start attaching photos soon), still leagues behind the allotments that have inspired me, but massive steps on from last year. I can get so impatient, but you know what? phenomenal shifts are occurring all the time, even when it feels like we're moving backwards!

I read a beautiful reminder once: At the same pace that we are galloping towards our dreams, our Source, our evolved higher self, so Source is galloping towards us. Picture angels on horseback rushing to be with us, to realise our wildest aspirations, of union with All That Is.

A fab game I've refound from The Daily Groove and Dreaming Aloud - is counting the blessings, listing the things I am grateful for in the last week. (A great game to share with kids too, prompted by Sally Lever) Wow, yes alot of people have pointed me to this one in the last week !! Obviously didn't listen to one of them on their own!

This week I am grateful for: 

@ reading other blogs and feeling encouraged to keep sharing my own and developing my own style :)

@ a great natter with a friend today, a safe off loading and sharing moment in the thick of kid activity

@ a colin firth moment yesterday evening

@ a note from my biggest today (who often expresses herself with anger and frustration) saying she'd had a nice day

@ time to be with each of my children yesterday for half an hour each, they each understood to stay away when it wasn't their 'slot' allowing us to play with our dynamic

@ our lifecoach standing present through unlimited email time as a witness and support for our relationship

@ friendly happy staff at the petrol station when i realised i'd forgotten my wallet

@ having enough money for what we need

@ having time late into the evening to potter outside in our unfolding garden



Blessed Be :) x





1 comment:

  1. Hi Weststar,

    Ha! Great minds and all that - I've got a half formed post waiting to be posted that's also about what I'm grateful for! I also do this with Cupcake from time to time and it's lovely to hear a child's perspective on gratitude.

    As for your petrol station staff - wow, how nice are they?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It helps the blog feel more alive - you are a valued part of its content.