Monday 19 March 2012

Total Revolution

Reflecting today with other home ed parents at just how wildly different this lifestyle choice is.

Its not so surprising that our choice to unschool has led us down a path where complete transformation awaits us! Take out the 8am crush and 3pm melt down (I know it wasn't that bad every day! I'm paraphrasing) and what do you get? A space for new boundary setting within the relationships, a new trust where choice is rekindled, a new rhythm to the day, week, month, year. A setup that can morph, adapt and weave in new needs as required. An environment where listening to the changing needs of growing and developing bairns is unavoidable!

In this house it has become a regular request of one or another to say "Parle!" (parlay!) meaning 'I've Got Something To Say!' and we're learning to get the talking stick out and listen to each other.

Where we as parents are choosing to balance mental intelligence with emotional intelligence, self awareness and social awareness within our every day experience and whilst it can seem the strangest thing, for me the biggest revolution has been that we are simply doing this together. They are still so small and I feel a hundred times better in my own wellbeing to feel them under my wing. Not saying that wing's perfect but its mine, and I'm Mum.

5 comments:

  1. Hey mama chicken, I'm going to enjoy reading about you and your chick lungs :-) love Motherfunker xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That meant to say chicklings !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    Fab blog - I see many parallels in our journeys!
    Kind regards
    Maddie

    www.itsthemagicofpegasus.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maddie, looking fwd to exploring your blog too :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It helps the blog feel more alive - you are a valued part of its content.