Thursday 8 November 2012

Stay in your homes!

I'm consistently amazed at just how little I can manage outside of the basics at the moment! 19 weeks pregnant, selling the house, 3 lively kids at home soaking up all the alleys of experience that we explore together. OK so the basics are quite involved to be fair!

Every time I think I've made some big steps to come back to the home, to minimise, simplify, centre... I find just a few weeks later that I'm still running around like a crazy thing and finding all the same symptoms of overwrought come in to play. Pregnancy nausea, exhaustion, dietary confusion, dark days. And its time to minimise some more. Not sure why I'm obsessed with being busy because the kids aren't really that fussed! Some of our best days are the ones where we're at home, taking it steady with good food, each following our own little rhythm inside the rhythm of the day.


Giving up home ed just doesn't feel like an option anymore... although of course it is! I mean I can't imagine losing the freedom and structure to our day - hard work though it is, I am more alive and more authentic than I was before. The quality of life for all of us simply being and growing together was not manageable fitting in to the traditional working timetable.

There we go, a short little moment, didn't want to lost the thread of the blog, though life is turning upside, downside round and round, there's something about checking in -- I totally see how the word blog came about!

4 comments:

  1. let me know if tomorrow feels too much? we can always meet up another time. i think there is a lot to be said for the peace and space of days at home - for the extraordinary moments coming in the midst of the ordinary. sending you love x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to write a little note to you to say how much I have enjoyed reading through your blog this evening...and how happy I was to read that we are not the only home eding family with an anti vaccine stance, and no grain eating diet! Not sure you are still grain free as u blogged that in August! We are currently following a paleo/gaps diet which does make me feel like a social leper! All the best with your house move and pregnancy. We have just started Home Eding and live in Norfolk too. I hope we cross paths!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ali, Thanks for your lovely message and great to have you along! Yes I still move towards grain free, but with soft edges for now :) I know a few others who do the gaps diet and have found it transforming :) Looking fwd to our paths crossing x x

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It helps the blog feel more alive - you are a valued part of its content.