Tuesday 25 September 2012

Timidly, boldly, valuing Me

Today a little more about me and accepting that the choices I make are down to me. Just as it was me who's emotional barometer stopped us from schooling, I've found my limit again in terms of how much I can take on. Lots of months planning the kind of work I'd like to give a go, interview, paperwork, initial training and bam I've hit my cry-o-meter buttons again.

But this time I'm listening!
I went for months, years of forcing myself through pain barriers as a teacher, as a mum, waited until something really physical snapped like a miscarriage once, nearly a marriage in another moment! Waiting for these massive external things before I'd stop forcing myself. I'd got so used to waking up with dread and tears, explaining away, reassurring everyone around me that I'm fine, head down, battle on, follow an unseen expectation or dreamed up agenda.

And then this last year with the decision to home ed, the excellent hard focused work my partner and I have done to heal our relationship I have found a new kind of living where days flow, where difficulties are shared and where the foundations are strong and nurturing. I've experienced smiling, the flow of love and of Grace, of knowing myself to be held in the palm of Love's hand.

And so the tears, lethargy, mental dizziness came all this weekend and I'm listening. I've taken a step away from work to value this pregnancy and to focus back on these children, our educating life which must take more of me than I had realised. I feel shocked (again) but I can sense that this was a necessary choice to value myself and the powerfully simple things we are doing here. This is my work for now.





4 comments:

  1. Sometimes part of honouring an experience is about shutting the door on other options. I know for me mothering in an attachment parenting/thereputic/thoughtful way and home educating is as much as I can take, and so I need to shut the door to other opportunities like paid work, volunteering, concentrated writing etc - thankfully, we can make that work. I'm glad you listened to yourself on this - I know it is hard to avoid all the external pressures. Just yesterday I ended up crying because someone online called me a wallet sucker for being a non-working wife, and it made me want to go out to work at once. But if I did that I would probably be crying within a day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what kind of sites do you go on to get this kind of abuse??!! Its essential to remember that any comments like that reflect solely on the person who dreamt it up!! Yes, such a relief to bring it back to 'basics' again, and we all know that those basics are actually far more intricate, deep and intuitive than can ever be recorded in words :) xx

      Delete
  2. Honouring and being gentle with yourself will send a ripple of healing outwards to the wider world too, so think of yourself as a peace ambassador! Lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) its good to be reminded of that, can fixate on other thought patterns that are far less healthy if I let myself! It is indeed such a gift to our community and society and world when we each honour ourselves x x

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It helps the blog feel more alive - you are a valued part of its content.