Tuesday 9 October 2012

Ode to Gluten

Gluten you Mess Me UP, Man!

Sugar, you're pretty bad, too.

My relationship with you sucks, I've no control, I consider myself to 'deserve' you and yet you treat me so bad.
                      ~ you're like a candy-bar lover, looks too good to be true, flaunts yourself, catches my eye, waits til I give in, then forgets me, leaves me totally unsatisfied and hurting, wondering how I ever succumbed to your ways. Dammit!

And I used to sit diary-in-hand, writing about boys.
Writing how good-for-nothing this one might be, or how in pain I was, and then I'd conveniently forget and skip off down the road again...

So in this new me lifestyle where I value myself and my instincts, where will gluten and sugar sit?

Do you know I don't know if I can let go?
How can that be true?

Maybe I like my midnight silent retreats
(why not do these voluntarily without the belly pain?)

Maybe I'm addicted to the substances.

Maybe I don't truly value myself when it comes to the serious business of creating the life that I want.

Maybe I choose to be a slave to the modern (warped) diet
with its emotional and physical rollercoasters.

It feels like a wagon at the bottom of a hill, with no means of pushing it to the top, even though beyond the summit lies fresh green pastures, clear blue skies and opportunities galore, freedoms boundless.

What will it take to charge my steed to take on the task?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! It helps the blog feel more alive - you are a valued part of its content.