Thursday 20 October 2011

positive parenting....

I read the Daily Groove, a parenting enewsletter by Scott Noelle @ http://www.enjoyparenting.com/ - thats the kind of parenting I'm in to. Careful on the authoritative, listening and learning from the child's experience, healing my own childhood behaviour patterns whilst guiding, supporting them through. And with home ed it is helping me to sharpen up on giving just a bit too much so that at the end of the day I don't have much left and so here I am at bedtime on the one evening I can't hand over to J, frazzled, neurotic about bloody laundry piles, picking things off the floor, asking the kids to do this or that and them not doing those things, not bcs they are 'defying' me (although perhaps some would see it like that) but you see how it could get to screaming lights out and just ignoring them - in fact if they had school tomorrow I might well have done that.
Instead I have taken myself away. Put the kettle on, tapping on here for a moment and then perhaps some chanting, or hey maybe I'll start chanting now! There.

Biggest has simply said 'shall I do bed time Mum?'
And the littler ones said 'Yes!'
So she has taken them a snack and is reading them a story
How cool is that?!

I'm glad I walked away. I'm now going to sit in silence for a moment or two while my tea brews before I even glance at the surface mess around here - a sure sign that a lot has been learned, explored and devoured today! Then I'll hopefully get to give them a quiet kiss before sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! It helps the blog feel more alive - you are a valued part of its content.