Friday 30 March 2012

Disputes

Most days I find myself really checking in and finding how incredibly different I feel about life now that the kids are with me more. I feel fully able to parent, guide, partner them in their childhood stages.

Today a titanic tantrum from my middle, made a 15 minute walk to nearly an hour. We've all experienced that, sure.  Lots of calm thoughts, balancing between disengaging and engaging as best I could - did fairly well this time actually, in allowing the rage to come out and let it pass without getting too caught up in it myself :) It was easier to do this bcs I had a full awareness of what was being expressed. There was very little unknown about what she was upset about.

I used to find when they had been around many many other kids all day, they were processing alot both at school and afterwards. It was harder for me to be clear about what reaction was appropriate from me when a melt-down occurred. Also there was a lot more stress around us if the tantrum took place when we had a time deadline for example. I also had a lot to process that had happened during my day away from them and there simply wasn't the time to catch up with each other and keep that family cohesion.

I like home ed because its put back at the centre the reason I had kids in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! It helps the blog feel more alive - you are a valued part of its content.