Sunday 23 September 2012

I wanna eat anything But Not That!

Now a pregnant woman is not someone to give you a wholly centred take on diet matters! I have craved mostly gelatine-filled sweeties and bacon which has not sat that well with me, but has brought much pleasure when I've got over myself and dug in to said products.

I can feel that grains, carbohydrates, sugars are not that great for me. And I'm a bit fed up about it. We've been baking bread on Saturdays which is such a fab process to learn and share but here's the crack, Blackberry in particular but the others to some extent just can't deal with the gluten! She's been howling today with screams of unfairness and emotional ups and downs that we haven't seen for weeks.

Now having read today in Motherfunker's ace blog a Call Out to us all to say Yes to being different and Yes to our alternative choices, sticking up for our unique belief systems and lifestyles, I am bolstering myself to simply be bold and make gluten free bread (for a start), grain-free bread (ideally) on these Saturday moments.

I'm sticking my heels in because of the expense and the extra effort at a time when I want to be gentle with myself. Starting a new job for 21 hours a week to which I cycle (12 weeks pregnant) and the adjustments to home life this has naturally brought has floored me a bit. Eating sugar is not helping I'm sure, nor gobbling the home made bread yesterday and having cramps all evening! New recipes needed, new ingredients needed! Juggling so many balls I don't know where to put my attention!


2 comments:

  1. Just came on here and didn't expect such a lovely mention -bless you! I say go for it with the gluten free eats, once you get going you'll never look back! why not treat yourselves to a new cookbook, and throw a gluten free party? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'll keep posting about that :) We'll tweak the Saturday ritual I think :) x

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It helps the blog feel more alive - you are a valued part of its content.